“We can’t seem to hire the right people into our business”.
Can you relate to this?
It’s a statement I often hear. Especially during the last 12 months.
Contrary to popular belief, Digital & Growth Marketers with niche, highly-sought-after skills are harder to hire than ever before.
They’re being closely held onto by their employers, and many are unsure of making a move in such an unstable market.
Not being able to hire the right talent is a big frustration for all types of companies. It results in wasted time, money, and resource. 3 commodities that for some, are already thin on the ground.
Perhaps you’re not exploring enough of the Iceberg. Let me explain…
In most cases, you find the companies who’ve been unsuccessful in hiring share a common theme. Nothing to do with salary, benefits, or culture, but the recruitment strategy they decide on…Contingent recruitment services. The no-win, no-fee service that has no commitment from either side.
Think about the Iceberg for a moment. Just like the picture, only roughly 30% is on show, above water. Just like any given talent pool, only 30% is active.
This means there’s only 30% that will respond to LinkedIn messages or emails. But that leaves a huge 70% of the talent pool not engaged with.
Contingency recruitment promotes a race like approach to the process, meaning time is of the essence and the recruiter(s) you work with don’t have your commitment, the time or bandwidth to carry out a rigorous and robust process that’s required.
You end up hiring from the 30%, when in fact your best hire would have required more time and engagement than ever before.
So how do you change this?
One solution for hiring Digital & Growth Marketing leaders is ‘The Acquire Method’. It’s a methodical search process that ensures you hire from the best talent in the market, not just those who are readily available. A solution derived from Executive Search, but quicker, leaner and more cost-effective.
Clients that try this way of working, rarely go back to contingent.
Why not try it for yourself. Email Alex Marriner on [email protected] to schedule a call.
- Salary, Bonus & Equity Insights from the CMO & Marketing Director Forum
- Tutorful’s Former-CMO & Multiverse’s VP, Marketing on Cutting Through in EdTech & Maximising LTV: James Hamlin & Rachael Beckett – Episode 2
- HelloFresh, Bella & Duke and Finisterre’s CMOs on Staying Competitive in the D2C Market: Luis Lacerda, Tushar Kaul and Franky Athill – Season 2 Episode1
- TRIP Appoints Acquisition Lead & Retention Lead Into Growing Marketing Team
- Why The Right Job Title In Your Job Advert Matters
- Performance Marketing Manager16/11/2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- August 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- November 2019
- September 2019
- May 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018