This is a high-growth, tech business that puts Digital Marketing at the heart of the organisation and has aggressive growth plans for 2020, not only in continuing to improve their Paid Search activity, but looking at attribution and to also test, learn, and scale in secondary digital channels such as Paid Social, Display, and Video.
They have a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid and are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs, raising over £48m in funding since launch.
You’ll have Paid Search as a core channel expertise, however, you’ll be proven across the wider Performance Marketing mix too. Where you’ll shine is discussing many past achievements, backed by data, and enjoy giving your view on areas such as search, yet being able to relate this back to the financials of a business.
You can talk impressively and credibility across broader Performance Marketing channels, at Exec and board level.
As Director of Performance Marketing you will have a small team who cover each EU market (currently UK, Spain, and Germany) with your day to day including both ad-hoc hands-on* work, as well as providing top-level strategic direction including analysing data, running tests, collaborating on projects and identifying opportunities to improve and scale performance. Annual Paid Search budgets are in the multi-millions and being a seasonal business can mean some months top £1m alone.
(*When discussing hands-on work, this is not where you’ll be in Google Ads day to day, optimising campaigns, this is about being the person that your team can confide in when they have a query they are unable to answer themselves.)
There is a huge opportunity to test and grow so you won’t be short of opportunities to make your mark on the future of the business as a whole. You’ll be highly analytical with a proven track record of making data-driven decisions in a fast-paced client-side environment. You’ll be obsessed with your numbers, and have a laser focus on CPCs, CTRs, CVRs, CPLs, CPAs and LTVs, while always looking to innovate and improve performance.
What you’ll be getting involved with:
- Managing performance marketing channels (PPC, display/programmatic, paid social, video) across the brand, including strategy, planning, tracking, reporting, analysis and optimisation to ensure delivery against specific KPIs across all markets
- Identifying opportunities to improve and scale performance via a mix of new techniques and efficiency gains as well as having a big input on their attribution methodology
- Work with the development and product teams to help with any A/B tests where appropriate as well as coming up with ideas on how we can make things better
- Helping to refine their bid management approach across all channels, with a focus on both new users and reactivating existing ones
- Work with the wider marketing, trading and data teams on strategy, forecasting and messaging, including developing country-specific search strategies
- Working closely with their Google and Bing account managers to ensure they’re constantly testing new betas and are at the forefront of Paid Search.
The background you’ll bring to the table includes:
- Hands-on PPC experience (ideally 5+ years) and a proven track record in running successful search campaigns, ideally in a marketplace, e-commerce or travel company (international experience strongly desirable)
- Significant experience of managing and assessing other performance channels (at least 2 of: GDN, Facebook, programmatic display, performance-driven VOD) with the opportunity to develop broader experience within the role
- Must have worked client-side for at least a couple of years with experience of communicating with all levels of the business
- Highly analytical, inquisitive and target driven with the proven ability to deliver ROI from performance marketing channels
- Thorough understanding of Bid Management tools and experience of setting a successful bid management strategy
- Knowledge of conversion paths (particularly long and complicated paths to conversion!) and how they work as part of a PPC/performance strategy
What you’ll receive being Director of Performance Marketing:
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- Private medical health insurance and subsidised gym membership
- Competitive maternity, paternity leave and return to work policy
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and an annual ski trip
- Fitness & well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces
If you can handle the pressure of being at the helm of such an important area for this well-funded, VC backed growth business, then apply now to learn more. Alternatively, contact Alex Marriner by email on Alex@AcquireDigitalTalent.com